A 40-year-old lady was killed after her home collapsed following a fireplace in Maharashtra`s Thane district on Monday, civic officers stated.
The incident happened round 11.30 am within the previous home situated at Vetal Pada in Diva township, they stated.
There was a fireplace in the home following which the construction collapsed, Thane Municipal Company`s regional catastrophe administration cell chief (RDMC) chief Santosh Kadam stated.
Additionally Learn: Currey Highway blaze: Sprinklers didn`t begin working when the fireplace broke out, say residents
The sufferer, recognized as Sapna Vinod Patil, acquired trapped underneath the particles, he stated.
After being alerted, groups of the RDMC, Thane Catastrophe Response Pressure (TDRF), native police and firemen rushed to the spot and pulled the sufferer out of the rubble he stated.
The lady had died earlier than she may very well be rescued, the official stated, including that the physique was despatched to a authorities hospital for postmortem.
The reason for the fireplace was not but identified, he stated.
The Daighar police have registered a case of unintended demise, the official stated.
This story has been sourced from a 3rd social gathering syndicated feed, businesses. Mid-day accepts no accountability or legal responsibility for its dependability, trustworthiness, reliability and information of the textual content. Mid-day administration/mid-day.com reserves the only proper to change, delete or take away (with out discover) the content material in its absolute discretion for any purpose in anyway.[email protected]. The content will be deleted within 8 hours. (maybe within Minutes)